|ENGEL is indicated for the treatment of following infections before the infecting organism has been identified or when caused by sensitive bacteria.
- Respiratory tract infections for example, acute and chronic bronchitis infected bronchiectasis, bacterial pneumonia, lung abscess and post-operative chest infections
- Ear, nose and throat infections for example sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis and otitis media.
- Urinary tract infections for example, acute and chronic pyelonephritis, cystitis and asymptomatic bacteriuria.
- Soft tissue infections for example, cellulitis, erysipelas and wound infections
- Bone and joint infections for example, osteomyelitis and septic arthritis.
- Obstetric and gynecological infections, pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- Gonorrhea particularly when penicillin is unsuitable
- Other infections including septicemia, meningitis and peritonitis.
- Prophylaxis against infection in abdominal, pelvic, orthopedic, cardiac, pulmonary, esophageal and vascular surgery where there is increased risk from infections.